Guatemala Coffee Beans Single Origin Information
Guatemala is well known for producing some of the world’s finest coffee, particularly their Strictly High Grown (SHG) coffee beans. SHG coffee beans are grown at high elevations of over 4,500 feet above sea level. The high altitude, combined with the ideal climate and soil conditions, produce coffee beans with a unique taste profile.
Guatemala has a diverse geography that includes highland regions with rich volcanic soil and ample rainfall. The high altitude and cooler temperatures slow down the growth of the coffee cherries, resulting in a denser and harder bean. This slow maturation process also allows the beans to develop more complex flavours and higher acidity.
Santa Maria Farm: Large part operated by women. In addition to women coffee pickers, women are in charge of the grafting program and of running the farm’s school and health clinic.
Processing: Coffee is washed and dried on patios, as well as on raised African beds. A goal of the farm is to build a cupping facility on site and to train workers to cup and be advocates for quality.
Roasting and Brewing
Our Guatemalan coffee is lightly roasted. Once the coffee is roasted it will be left to rest (degassing), this could be a few days or a week until we sample and make sure it’s fully ready to be brewed in your kitchen.
- Roasting process: Light-roasted coffee beans are roasted for a shorter amount of time than darker roasts, typically between 8-12 minutes. This allows the coffee beans to retain their natural flavours and aromas.
- Recommended brewing method: Light-roasted coffee is best brewed using pour-over, drip, or press methods, which allow the subtle flavours to shine through.
- FRESH ROASTED: We do not stock roasted beans, all our coffees are roasted to 3-day demand. STRICTLY HIGH GROWN elevations where the best coffees grow more slowly and therefore have more time to absorb nutrients and develop more robust flavours based on the local climate and soil conditions.
- SMALL BATCH ROASTED and FRESH PACK TECHNOLOGY: We only roast in small batches, frequently to ensure the coffee is fresh. We use nitro flush, the process removes 100% of the oxygen in the bag, which can degrade the flavour of the roasted beans – our process gives coffee beans a longer shelf life
- ECO FRIENDLY: you can choose to return the used coffee grounds to us so we can reuse them as biofuel. The most sustainable roasting facility in the UK which you can be part of.
- TASTE: Peach and apricot flavour with citrus acidity and dark chocolate finish and creamy body
- PASSION FOR COFFEE: Sharing the experience of unique tastes is our passion and we feel the privilege to our customers this amazing coffee. All coffees have ethically sourced a mixture of Fair Trade and Direct Trade to ensure farms have a decent living for a sustainable future.
- Click here for the Shipping Policy
- Click here for the Returns and Refunds Policy
There are no reviews yet.